Sunday, June 15, 2008

The poor blackbird

Morning folks, I've been really knackered over the last few days, I don't know what's wrong with me really, even yesterday when I was running it was like a supreme effort was needed just to get one foot in front of the other, I felt like collapsing, but unfortunately I was in the middle of an overgrown field about a mile away from our house. Still I persisted and made it home in the end.
This morning I awoke to the sight of an injured blackbird in our garden, oh no, not another injured bird, and especially the blackbird whose sweet melody lifts my heart whenever she sings. When I went outside to peer at her, she quickly hopped off into the bushes, so I hope she is concealed from any predators.
When I was small, I used to have a kind of animal hospital for all the injured creatures I found in our garden, These were mainly insects, I always had grasshoppers with broken legs, I don't think any of them survived for long in my care, but I used to like to think I was helping them. I even stole the little beds from my sister's dolls' house so that the creatures I found could lie down. It's wonderful to be a child and be so innocent and naive!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home