Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hello again!

Hi everyone, it's been a while, I must admit, but this time I am not all guilty. On the morning of my birthday our broadband connection was lost and didn't come back on ever again, forcing us to switch to another service provider, now we are no longer dependent on the phone line which is a relief, there' something up with it because everything that has ever been connected to it bombed out, I don't think it can handle all the high tech gadgets. These old country telephone lines were not designed with them in mind. Well, there was lots of shouting going on, I could have done without it really as we had a photographer coming round to take some snaps, my nerves were completely jarred and I really hate not being able to go online as well because I have got used to it now and we need the Internet to promote Cling, it wouldn't be so bad if we were swanning around looking for clothes or holidays. You would be surprised at the amount of work that goes into online promos and Gerald does about 100 times more than I do. It's very frustrating, not to mention that we were just about to release our new track.
Our photo shoot was successful, I have posted some of the photos on my Facebook page, they were done by Sasha Honn, we will have them up everywhere else soon, but if you want to check them out on facebook, our profile name is Susi Lavender.
The next day we left for Amsterdam which sort of took our mind of things. I really like Amsterdam, although it has changed a lot. I guess everywhere changes. I'm not sure this European Union thing was a good idea as now every big city in Europe is much of a likeness, same shops and everything, everywhere seems to have lost it's own identity to a certain extent. We did have a really good time though, I'm sure I will tell you more about it in the days to come.
We returned and ever since then we have been working flat out to prepare for our gig. What we started off think as small has now turned into something quite big, with quite a few people expected to turn up and it has created a bit of a buzz around town which is always good. So in a way , it was good that we didn't have the distractions of the Internet as it forced us to concentrate on the set.
Today was my Mum's birthday, she is at an auspicious age. I took her for a lovely English Cream Tea at a country manor, it was a truly delightful place, set in the most beautiful grounds. I think she had a wonderful time, we certainly ate every morsel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home