Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hi folks , had a productive day today, and what beautiful surroundings we were in. Our rehearsal studio turned out to be a converted barn and was literally in the middle of nowhere, it was great. When we wanted a little break, we just stepped outside and looked across more open fields, even saw a couple of farmers wandering around in their gear.
It's very strange , all this adjusting to our new life, because we feel like we're on holiday all the time. Where we live and the places around it are like the kind of places we used to go and stay in for short breaks. Having to adjust to any kind of routine has been really hard because it is so different to living in the city. For example our previous rehearsal studio was down a narrow alley, next door to a mosque and just behind a bustling high street, shops only a few metres away. I'm sure , in time, we will become more used to being out here, I should be used to it , because of where I grew up. I think because the weather is so extreme out here as well, the winter seems to be really, really cold and we're not used to it yet. Our little flat used to warm up in about five minutes! Still , I have no regrets, I'd rather be here than anywhere else at the moment!
Anyway, like I mentioned, it was a good rehearsal and for the first time in ages , I felt like a singer again, quite fundamental really when one is fronting a band. Definitely worth the journey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home