Friday, December 28, 2007

Free on NYE

It's a windy day today, almost a gale outside. Apparently there were so many people trying to get to the sales yesterday that the police had to shut the motorway around Bluewater (a large shopping centre). That's what amazes me about this consumer society, everyone just wants to spend , spend , spend, should be called the I Want generation. No doubt it's all going on plastic. I also wouldn't mind going to get a few bargains, but I'm not that desperate to queue all night outside in the freezing cold and then get crushed to death in the crowds. I see that already they are gearing up for the New Year's Eve fireworks display in London, which reminds me of last year when we went along, it was a fantastic display, but there are just too many people and it is a bit uncomfortable trying to get home. So I don't know what we will do really. Does anyone want us to come and play at their NYE party? Well, I'm just about to go out jogging, but I keep getting distracted by the feeding frenzy of birds in the garden, apart from having their own food, they also get Nyo's leftovers, by the way, I haven't seen our squirrel for weeks now, I'm sure the burglars chased him away, maybe he is hibernating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home