Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Eventful Day

Hi everyone, I have managed to fight off my cold, I think, sleeping is the greatest healer, I just curled up last night in front of the fire and the telly, and that was it, I only got up again to get into bed! Woken today by the lovely song of Nyo greeting the world, feeling miles better.
Was quite an eventful day yesterday, I went out shopping, didn't find anything for myself, only some belated Xmas presents for my niece and nephew. I was on my way to meet Gerald when he called me to inform me that he had been detained at the station for not having a ticket. I went to the station and they were trying to fine him £20 for a £2 journey, how ridiculous. He was quite innocent as well, genuinely forgot to get one, but the staff were unsympathetic. There was therefore many angry words and feelings of injustice. What about all the people that jump the barriers etc and the staff never do anything about it? Anyway, Gerald has appealed against the fine, what else can he do?
Got news of our little dog yesterday, he has settled in fine to his new home, but apparently every time he sees someone wearing a hat, he sits and stares at them. This choked me up because my Mum used to wear a hat all the time, and it must remind him of her. I see his little face all the time and I am grateful he's gone to a good home with a lady who adores him, it was better than bringing him over here and making him suffer in quarantine.
My sister called yesterday, I ended up speaking to her, despite vowing not to. I just can't be bothered having all these negative feelings towards her, it doesn't achieve anything really. I still think she could do something to help though. I'm sure one day I will express my feelings to her in a constructive way.
I was practising the set yesterday, just singing along to a backing track as Gerald wasn't here, my Mum kept trying to spy on me and seemed to find my antics rather amusing. Still have to sort out what I'm wearing.
You all have a good day, I shall be running later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home