Thursday, July 05, 2007

Lucky charms

Good news is that supposedly the weather is going to be great over the weekend. Yesterday I had some bad moments where everything went wrong for me during rehearsals. I was getting a bit touchy, I suppose it's natural, one wants to be good on the day. Can't let negativity take over, I started asking myself what I would need to do a good performance. At first I had a long list of all this complicated criteria, and then I realised I was making things really hard for myself. The only thing I need to do is enjoy myself and be happy that I'm up there singing. The rest should fall into place, it's not as if we haven't rehearsed. I had to smile to myself later as well , I was reading about sports celebrities and their superstitions. Serena Williams believes she lost a match because she didn't tie her shoelaces properly, amongst other things! I myself have a little bag of charms and my favourite crystals which I take everywhere with me, and I must admit that I don't like being without it. Whenever I travel, I wear a St Christopher pendant as well. My sister in America thinks it's the biggest load of rubbish ever, I suppose to a certain extent it is all in the mind, but if people's little idiosyncrasies make them happy, so what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home