Thursday, June 28, 2007

Blonder Ambition

Woke up today, full of excitement. I think everyone should make it their rule that they should always have something to look forward to. I was at the hairdresser's yesterday and emerged even blonder than I was before. I've spent a fortune in that place over the last few months. When I was a small child, my hair was so blond that it was nearly white. As I reached adolescence, I cried my eyes out because my hair just got darker and darker, a kind of dirty blond, which is all very well when you live in the sunshine, but when you don't it goes all mousy! So over the years I have experimented with highlights and colours. The most extreme thing I ever did was dye my hair jet black. My grandmother nearly had a heart attack when she saw me, she clutched her chest and wailed. Even after her death, she was still carrying on about it- I went to see a medium and the first thing she said to me was that she had an old lady with her asking why I had done such a thing! When I was studying meditation, of course all this vanity was frowned upon and we were encouraged to grow our hair long and shapeless and scraped back off our faces. I got so fed up that I chopped all my hair off and then tried to disguise the fact that I hadn't, impossible really, my pony tail had been reduced to a stump and although no-one said anything I could tell that they all thought I had fallen prey to body consciousness, ha ha, if they could see me now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home