Thursday, June 21, 2007

Walking in the forest

The rain has ceased for the time being, replaced by a blustery wind, but at least it's warm. I was reading an article about the druids, because of course the summer solstice has just passed, and it was very interesting indeed. I would love to go to Stonehenge and watch the sunrise and celebrate. I was particularly intrigued by a photograph of this man in the forest, he was wearing a little cap with horns attached and brandishing some sort of large pitchfork, he looked like he was having the time of his life!
Sometimes when we go walking in the forest , there is a kind of magical atmosphere in the air. I love to wander amongst the ancient trees with their gnarled faces, and somehow I always get the feeling that we are not alone, that the nature spirits are watching over us. I love the sounds of the birds as they talk to each other, the way that the wind rustles the leaves and the patterns that the sun makes as it filters through all the foliage. As you go deeper into the forest, the outside world seems to disappear altogether, there is only peace and tranquility. I always come away wanting to spend longer in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home