Saturday, June 09, 2007

Decide

I wish my headache would go away, I've had it as long as Gerald has had his neck problem. Being in pain makes me extremely grouchy at times, still nothing stops us, I was up early this morning, jogging and when I came back home, we went through the set before going our respective ways. At least we are committed to what we are doing, it's important to be confident about putting on a good show. I like to be disciplined and focused, so this preparation has been good for me mentally, it's helped me define my goals and values. I've realised that without these success is impossible.
It's like when I wanted to buy a car, I spent ages looking because I didn't know exactly what I wanted. As soon as I decided, it all just fell into place and I had wheels very shortly afterwards. This is pretty obvious stuff and people have been banging on at me for years telling me exactly the same things. They used to ask me what it was I really, really wanted out of life. I could never tell them because I just didn't have a clue. I do know now though, better late than never.
Sometimes my brain works really slowly though, some people are really quick and witty in conversation, but I always find myself thinking of things I should have said about half an hour afterwards. That's not as bad as someone talking away to you and you suddenly realise you haven't been listening to a word they've said. Or even worse, being in the middle of a sentence yourself and actually forgetting what you're talking about, so embarrassing.
Anyway enough of this idle chatter, hope you are all having a fab weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home