Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The true fashion victims

Hi everyone, I think I have my outfit for the show, just about. I took the day off yesterday and headed into London to do some serious looking. A friend of mine had suggested I go to a certain shop in Kensington, turns out the shop was no good to me , but there were others in the area where I found most of the things that I needed. I am relieved that it all came together quickly, there would have been nothing worse than having nothing at the last minute. The effort to look good is turning into an expensive business!
Saw another horrific report on the immense cruelty suffered by dogs and cats in China as they are brutally bred and slaughtered for the fur trade. Apparently the EU has now banned the import of fur from China, but apparently even fake fur has dog and cat hair in it and it is very difficult and expensive to test the fur. Topshop is one of the few that does actually do tests. I can't say anything that I haven't already said in my blogs before, but it was very sad to see such barbaric footage, especially of a dog trustingly wagging his tail before a cruel and painful death and a cat that was so terrified it had it's paws round the neck of another cat, frozen with fear. Something very wrong somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home