Sunday, November 01, 2009

A day to be curled up in bed

I noticed during our museum tours of Amsterdam that we were struck by a mysterious condition where although we were meandering around really slowly and not exerting ourselves at all, we found ourselves really exhausted, barely able to place one foot in front of the other and could quite easily have fallen asleep instantly. I wonder if anyone else has ever experienced this be kind of thing? Maybe that's what the chairs are for in galleries, to stop people collapsing.
Lovely autumn day today, windy and hammering down with rain, the kind of day to stay curled up in bed, or alternatively go to China Town, have steaming bowls of dim sum and then return to bed. Personally, I quite fancy putting on my raincoat and going for a muddy walk across the fields, but I can't find any volunteers to come with me. I think the best that will happen is that we'll go out for a coffee, no complaints.
All is quiet in the Cling household, Gerald is doing some promo work, Coco is sleeping on the sofa, Nyo is sleeping in her cage , my mum is pottering about and I am here in my yoga room/office looking at the enormous amount of leaves on the lawn- I only picked up a whole load yesterday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home