Saturday, October 31, 2009

Who am I , where was I ?

Who am I , where was I , the last few days passed in a haze and that's how you know you've had a good time in Amsterdam. What I love about going there is that there's something different to discover each time, after all, there is a lot to do apart from the obvious. So this time we decided to give ourselves a little education and go and check out some galleries and museums. I've never really been one for art, but I was completely taken aback by Van Gogh, when I saw those paintings something just moved me deep inside and at last I understood what all the fuss was about. I could have just gazed at those paintings for hours , particularly the landscapes and flowers.
Other memorable moments included seeing some huge bloke pass out in a coffee shop, and eating the world's most expensive stale, awful doughnut (£2.50!). We also discovered the most tranquil garden in the grounds of the Biblical Museum, where we sat and contemplated for a while.
I do love strolling along the canals, it always seems so quiet and peaceful, sometimes it's as if you're not even in a big city. On our last afternoon we took a cruise around the canals and it was a wonderfully relaxing way to see all the sights, Gerald even fell asleep for half of it.
So all in all, we had a great time and to come away feeling that had really gained something from being there was an added bonus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home