Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Foxy Business

This afternoon I was just warming up my voice to do some recording, when lo and behold, I looked up to see a fox staring at me, he was not more than a metre away, but obviously behind the patio door. I shrieked excitedly for Gerald to come and have a look as the creature did not seem perturbed by my company at all, in fact when we opened the door and went outside to peer at him, he didn't even flinch. In all our wisdom, we came to the conclusion that there was definitely something wrong with it, he was behaving like someone's dog. Since he was also limping, Gerald said I should give him some chicken, I was astounded, after all this is Coco's garden and I have never been that keen on feeding wild animals as it leads to nothing but trouble. I was then accused of being cruel, well what about poor Coco, why should she have to go wandering around in danger of being attacked. Anyway, I begrudgingly donated some chicken, in the meantime Coco was going mad as she had spotted the intruder. We decided to call the animal rescue centre and were told that this particular fox was quite famous and had been spotted numerous times. The lady on the phone then told us to feed it cat food and try and keep it in the garden till someone could come and collect it. Whatever next?Let it come inside? Of course an altercation ensued, in which I was once again accused of being cruel, then Coco got out the door and charged fiercely at it, hissing with claws outstretched and it was actually more scared of her than us! Anyway, I needn't have worried because after wandering gingerly around the garden expecting it to all of a sudden dart out the shrubbery , I was relieved to ascertain that it had, in fact, moved on. I suppose he was quite sweet really....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home