Sunday, July 12, 2009

Report on Kelvedon

Yesterday was definitely the best birthday of my life. After preparing for months and working even harder, the day of the festival arrived. Although it wasn't raining, it was quite a cloudy day. To be honest, I didn't think that there would be that many people there, after all it is only in a tiny village in Essex and no- one I had told about the festival had ever heard of it.
Imagine my shocked delight when we arrived and there was hundreds of people there and more and more arriving by the minute. By the time we finally got onstage, there was over 2000!! It was such an amazing feeling to look out from the stage and see loads of people, it really was one of the most thrilling and surreal experiences I have ever had and to see loads of people enjoying and dancing to your music is very uplifting, you think to yourself," Is this really us?" One of the highlights of the performance was when Gerald grabbed the mic out of my hand and got the audience to sing Happy Birthday to me. How romantic!
Needless to say, we had a brilliant time and it was great to see Geno Washington perform, he is fantastic . Which left us driving home discussing what we could do to make ourselves even better.
Well, we've got time to think about it. Our last assignment was this morning, we went down to 1017 radio in Harlow again to record another session. At least we had some interesting news to tell them, about all the festivals and about the deal for Bodiless and Free with Yummy Records in the Netherlands.
So we're heading off to cape Verde Islands for a break. I'm gonna miss Coco and Nyo. I'm gonna really enjoy the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home