Saturday, July 21, 2007

Cling guide to country walking


Hi everyone, we are back after a delightful break, and just in time too, we left a little bit early to escape the vile rain that has swept across the country causing chaos, especially on the motorways. We were so lucky where we were, we had many sunny days, so gorgeous. It was a delight to explore the stunning countryside, most of our walking was done straight from our front door, as we were surrounded by forests, mountains and rivers. It actually reminded me of being somewhere like Austria, and of course having never been to Wales before I found it unusual to see everything written in Welsh. It was a joy to just let our minds relax and not really think about anything. Maybe that's why we ended up getting lost on most of our walks, trying to interpret someone else's directions is not always as straightforward as it sounds. One thing I did learn though is that when the guide book tells you to "skirt around the wet, reedy area", it is better to follow their advice or else you could end up knee deep in mud as I did. I must have looked so funny, sinking down into the sludge, we really had a good chuckle about it. I had to walk about a mile with my leg like that, until we came to a stream, where I managed to clean myself up a bit. I ended up walking barefoot down the road to where we had parked our car, at a little lay by with a lovely view. Some other people were there, having a rather civilized picnic, and I must have looked a very sorry sight, barefoot and bedraggled, soaked from the knees downwards. I could tell that they were looking a bit puzzled by my appearance. Anyway, great to be back, will tell you more about it over the next few days.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home