Monday, March 12, 2007

Pet Tales

Two weeks to go now, I am really looking forward to it. I have to go shopping for some beachwear, the last time we were on a beach was a couple of years ago. Nyo keeps on looking at me all accusingly as if she knows exactly what I'm up to. I hope they have plenty of earplugs wherever I decide to take her. I don't feel so bad about it now because she is a lot tougher than I think she is. I suppose I dug a grave for myself because I spoilt her so much, but that's what pets are for.
When I think about it, all my pets have lived to a ripe old age. My little cat died when she was 18. She was another crazy creature, especially when she was younger. For some reason she disliked men and if my Mum's boyfriend came round she would lie in wait on top of the door and ambush him as he walked in, he received many a scratch, not to mention his nerves. She also supplemented her diet with a variety of creatures from an African garden, many times I would discover her crunching a freshly killed lizard or something. She also liked to accompany me when I took my dog for a walk, she would follow us all the way around the block, or follow us a little way and then return to wait for us in the big acacia tree on our pavement.
I had a friend once who had a monkey for a pet, I don't really agree with that because a monkey is a wild animal. I wasn't too fond of it because it was very bad tempered and didn't like the sound of laughing. If anyone laughed, it would come flying across the room, very angry, teeth bared in a snarl, I'm sure he thought that we were laughing at him. I'm not sure what happened to that poor monkey, I think like most of them he was returned to the bush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home