Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Eclipse

We're off to Mombasa, I booked the trip yesterday. How I am looking forward to feeling the Indian Ocean lapping against my feet, and to be in Africa at the same time, double bliss. Our excuse for going is that it's Gerald's birthday, and we deserve it. Better find my bikini.
I forgot to mention the other day that on Saturday night we watched the eclipse of the moon from our front window, it was wicked, I only wished that I'd had a telescope. As the shadow of the sun passed over, the moon turned all these weird colours, at one point it was quite red, but stayed a luminous blue at the top. I felt quite privileged to be watching such a phenomenon. Apparently in ancient times when the moon turned blood red, the people believed that disaster was on the way. I love the moon, she is my planet, I am Cancerian you see.
Well, I couldn't sleep from the early hours of the morning, I was thinking about Nyo because I have to put her in a boarding place, not the same one as last time, but I am still a little apprehensive. I know she is only a ball of feathers really, but she is my little friend and I hope nothing happens to her this time. Last time I put her in a so called bird hotel and she came back missing one wing, the silly woman who runs the place could offer me no explanation, I was furious and it took Nyo a long time to get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home