Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Stop the slaughter of Dolphins

I thought that there was little left in this world that could really shock me, but last night I saw something so vile on the news that I just had to write about it. I don't know if anyone saw it here in the UK but it was about the cruel and barbaric slaughter of dolphins in Japan. This footage was so gruesome , I couldn't even watch it. These b******s were herding hundreds of dolphins into an enclosure where they couldn't escape from, then they selected the fattest, healthiest ones destined for theme parks and they were the lucky ones. The rest of these beautiful , intelligent, adorable creatures, were barbarically hacked to pieces in front of each other, screaming in pain from the sharp hooks that were used to tear them apart,the sea a pool of blood. Do you know, in the end I just wanted to be sick, I found it so heartbreaking. Why are the Japaneses allowed to get away with such atrocities? How can they allow something like that to go on? Is there no end to their disrespect for the creatures of the sea? I feel so strongly about this, surely there will be public outcry, let's boycott everything Japanese, from Sony to Toyota, theses dolphins were being killed so people can eat them, it's unnecessary and sickening. I think all those nasty people should be herded into the water and suffer the same fate as they inflict on the dolphins, harpoons through the eyes and all, that would be fair. I will never visit Japan because of this, I will even go as far as to say I will never eat sushi again, until it stops. And if you are Japaneses and reading this , please implore your government to ban this nauseating, savage behaviour.
If you would like to read more about this and protest I have found a site, here is the link http://www.SaveJapanDolphins.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home