Friday, February 23, 2007

Oxford Street

I have a new keyboard, it makes such a difference to have something decent to learn how to play on. I also have a nasty cold which makes me feel like a dying swan, gasping for breath, holding on to whatever life has to offer- how long will it take to go away?
Spent most of the afternoon in London and had to come back with the huge keyboard on the Underground, Gerald had hold of that and I was knocking everyone out the way with the stand. It was pouring with rain as well by the time we got back to where we live, but all's well that ends well, I didn't have the patience to wait for it to be delivered.
Yesterday was the first time I've been to Oxford street for ages, it never ceases to amaze me how many people cram onto that road, it's just constantly swarming with crowds, what is everyone doing down there, same as us I suppose.
Anyway we sat and had some lunch, I had my favourite, vegetarian sushi, and we were just watching people go by, it is a fascinating pastime.
When I first came to London, I often used to go to the Hare Krishna centre. You just used to give a donation of £1, then they would ask you sit in meditation for a while , before someone gave an inspirational talk, then they would serve the most delicious vegetarian lunch. I don't know if they still do it, but it was lovely to escape the chaos of the city and just sit in tranquility for a while. Whenever I see a group of monks going down Oxford Street with their bald head and orange robes, chanting away to the beat of their drums, I think back to those days fondly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home