Friday, February 16, 2007

Birds and other creatures

Why is it that people always try and sell you something that you specifically haven't asked for? You tell someone your criteria and then they say well sorry, we don't have that , and then offer you something completely unsuitable instead, that bears no resemblance whatsoever to what you actually do want. Why bother?
Nyo woke me up today because apparently she was having an argument with a crow that was hopping around on the roof outside. Birds are funny little creatures. When it was snowing, I looked outside and there was this little robin on the windowsill, he looked so accusingly at me, like he really wanted to come inside in the warmth, it was as if he knew that he would be sheltered inside.
My Mum has always encouraged wild birds to visit the garden, especially in the winter, she used to buy them seed and leave it in theses huge bowls, The little birds used to come in their hordes, every morning without fail. Sometimes in the winter, we used to find tiny mice in the swimming pool, their little bodies would be almost frozen, and we always used to bring them inside to help them thaw out. I also used to have an animal hospital where I would rescue all sorts of insects from the swimming pool and try to give them a new lease of life ! I suppose I was the Zimbabwean, female version of Gerald Durrell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home