Friday, February 09, 2007

Bye Bye Abbey

I called my Mum yesterday and I felt so bad because she had to have her old faithful dog put to sleep, she is heartbroken and so am I. Even though I was terrified at times of that dog, I was sorry to hear that she is in happy hunting grounds, she was so loyal and faithful to my Mum, probably saved my Mum's life because of her fearsome reputation. She was a good deterrent for burglars and never let anyone near my Mum. If my Mum was in the bath, the dog would lie by the kitchen door and not even let me or Gerald inside, Woe betide anyone who even came to the gate, she used to go ballistic. Anyway, she just got really old and feeble, and at the end my Mum had no choice but to take her to the vet. Bye, bye Abbey. I never thought I'd shed a tear for an old pit bull terrier. That's the problem with pets, you love them so much that your heart just ends up broken in the end. Even a little ball of feathers like Nyo.
The snow has gone, I'm a bit disappointed. We did go to the park yesterday and it looked spectacular. Everyone was just taking advantage of it, making snowmen and having snowball fights, it's not so great when it starts melting though and you have to wade through all the slush. I hope we get some more though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home