Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Dentists and ghosts

My poor love is feeling strange today after his ordeal. When I was about five years old , the dentist told my Mum that I would have to have all my front teeth taken out, they had gone bad from drinking Ribena. In Zimbabwe they still used to use laughing gas and I'll never forget the absolute terror I felt when I came round from it and my mouth was full of blood. No wonder I don't like the dentist much. Then there was all the psychological damage of having no teeth, I always believed I was really ugly and was afraid to smile. It was only when my other teeth grew that I actually began to get some self confidence, but I continued to think that I was really unattractive till I was about 13. See how things can damage you in your childhood.
Ended up watching a film on my own because Gerald had to go to bed. Whenever I sit on my own, late at night, I always get spooked, there is sometimes a feeling that something is watching, some people would say it is an overactive imagination, I can't say exactly. It's like sometimes I almost expect to see a ghost or something.Weird. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels such things though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home