Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Technology

Hi everyone, I must train myself to start loving to get out of bed, I just want to lie there for hours and hours, if I don't get up when Gerald gets up, then every five minutes he comes looking for me, peering round the door to see if I'm making any moves towards rising. Nyo gets confused as well and just screams until she sees my bleary eyes staggering into the living room.
Before we had to do so much work on our computers, we always used to sit and have coffee together, I sort of miss that, but computers have a way of just taking over everything. It's the same in my sister's house, the whole family gets up and they all just ignore each other, they just get on their respective computers and don't even talk to each other. It's funny how family life has changed so much, it's all been affected by technology.
My attachment to my mobile phone (cellphone), never ceases to amaze me either. I can't go anywhere without it, it makes me wonder how anyone ever survived before they were invented, what did we used to do, how did people used to contact us? If you think about it, they weren't really necessary at all, but they have become like appendages to our bodies now, they're not just phones anymore either, you can do loads of things with them. I suppose you could have an interesting debate, is advancing technology a gift or a curse? One thing's for sure, it has changed the way we live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home