Monday, February 12, 2007

Fillings and ganglions

Today we are going on a mission to check out the area that we want to move to. I'm still trying to sort out in my head exactly what we will do, but I'm sure a plan will formulate. It will be great to go down there again and have a little nosy around.
Looks like it's raining softly today, as it was when we went to sleep last night. There is something very comforting about going to sleep to the sound of rain. It is as soothing as a lullaby.
Did I mention that Gerald unceremoniously yanked out one of his fillings the other night, then presented it to me the next day, like it was some sort of trophy? I nearly passed out, it was a huge lump of metal, is that really what they stick in your teeth? When I was young it seemed to be quite acceptable for people to pull their own teeth out as well, you know, the bit of string tied to the door scenario. I must admit I never tried that one.
The strangest thing I ever had was a ganglion, it was like a big lump that appeared in my hand. I had it surgically removed, but apparently the old fashioned way was for the doctor to smash it with a heavy book and disperse it, thank God for advanced medical techniques, that's all I can say.
The rain has eased off now and left the sky all grey. Have a fantastic day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home