Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Perils of tv

Unintentionally slept very late again, I was having a very involved dream, once again I was lost in a huge airport whilst trying to travel somewhere. I have so many similar dreams where I am either having problems getting to the airport or at the airport itself, I wonder what the meaning of it all is. I used to have a book on dreams, I gave it away, so if anyone knows what this could mean, please drop me a line.
I read in one of the papers that London had the biggest sick day ever yesterday. I'm not surprised really, if I'd had to go into work I would have thought twice about it as well, apparently even the City was really quiet.
Last night we were very disciplined, we actually did some work instead of monging out watching endless rubbish on TV. From now on I'm only going to watch it if there is something decent on , otherwise it just takes over your whole life. We never even used to have a TV before my Mum came to visit us, we must have been the only household in the UK not to have one, people never used to believe us. I got fed up with it about 4 years ago and just thought no more. I didn't even miss it one iota, but I wanted my Mum to have a good time and she is a tele addict so that is the reason we got one. Before long I found myself watching hours and hours of meaningless crud and wondering why nothing else was getting done, a familiar story I'm sure. So it has only taken me a few months to become disenchanted with it again, terrible how it infiltrates into your life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home