Saturday, December 23, 2006

London Buzz

The fog has gone, left a grey sky as a reminder, but it has gone, at least people won't be stranded at the airport anymore, it must be very tiring and frustrating. One day I would like to go somewhere that has a really white Christmas, before the ice cap melts and there is no such thing anymore. There is a lovely atmosphere in London though, everyone seems to be enjoying the spirit of things, even people of different religions, everyone is getting into the buzz of buying presents and sending cards. The stunning buildings are adorned with sparkling lights, even Buckingham Palace has a couple of huge trees outside, twinkling away. If you take a walk into Knightsbridge the store windows are like works of art, it must be magical to be a kid and see such spectacles. The only thing I miss is the smell of a real tree, don't worry greenies, I would never have one myself, there are just certain things that remind you of your childhood. Like how unbearably exciting it was on Christmas Eve, so hard to go to sleep, then waking up really early and rushing to the tree to open all the presents, it was great. I still try to do that now, but Gerald always makes me wait till he's got up as well, teaches me the art of patience. I've just realised, I haven't got anything for Nyo, what do you get the lovebird who has everything ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home