Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Break the pattern

Had a strange experience yesterday, I wrote in my blog that I was a bit stressed because of a certain person and there were other little things on my mind, you see I am addicted to worry and I always catch myself out, worrying about little things that haven't even happened. I was wandering around with my solar plexus churning and feeling horrible. I decided to dig out some old meditation tapes and before long I was sitting there blissed out, it was as if my actions somehow alleviated all my pain and I just felt so different afterwards, it was as if my worries never existed.
When you are stuck in the middle of something, you have to jar yourself out of it in any way you can, go for a run or do something silly. Don't tell Gerald but sometimes when I am on my own, I force myself to do the most ridiculous laughs, even if they are false to begin with, it doesn't take very long before you feel so silly that you are genuinely laughing at yourself, it's so funny, people pay good money for that sort of therapy. Maybe I should start laughing classes.
So anyway, it looks a bit wintry outside, the sky is gun metal grey and it's raining softly. I feel like going back to bed, but there are so many things I have to do. Hope you all have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home