Friday, January 12, 2007

Dreams of the country

It's Friday again, already, the weeks seem to fly by. I was talking to a friend of mine last night, she has lived in London all her life, but decided to move to a little village in the country and she says she has never been happier. It only takes her just over an hour to drive back to London, so she's not even that far away, but she says her quality of life has improved so dramatically . It just sounds like the kind of thing we would like to do actually, so I think moving a bit further out is definitely on the agenda. I love London, but it has changed so much and I want to wake up to fresh air and the sounds of the country, not the endless drones of traffic. I have never lived anywhere but London since I have been in the UK, in fact before I got together with Gerald I only used to go and visit my cousin in York, it was like the rest of the country never existed. I was like a true town mouse. Now I think differently, I think we deserve the best of both worlds. It would just be great to step out of your doorstep and be able to go for lovely walks, to be close to nature. Imagine the wonderful inspiration we could have for our songs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home