Friday, January 05, 2007

Nyo and other animals

Nyo is having a shrieking attack, she hasn't stopped since the minute she woke up, I don't know what's upsetting her today, it's actually very annoying when you've just woken up, but I shouldn't complain really, because I would miss her if she wasn't here. I'm sure she must be the oldest lovebird around, I got her in 1995. She actually had a partner, but he escaped from the cage when I took them into the garden. It was horrible because I could hear them calling each other, but I just couldn't find him. So that is how I ended up with a single bird. It's funny because now that I have started writing about her, she has gone very quiet indeed,it's as if she knows that all the attention is on her. What would I do without this noisy ball of feathers? I love animals , if I had the choice I would have loads of them, dogs, cats , you name it. I love the way that pets develop their own personalities, and isn't it strange how dogs always end up looking like their owners, or is it the other way round? I don't ever think I've had a really unusual pet, I knew people in Zimbabwe that had little monkeys for pets, but we were never allowed anything like that. My dad always used to buy loads of tortoises, they are a great delicacy in Africa and if he saw someone who had captured one to eat, he would always rescue it. No matter what we tried the tortoises would always manage to escape, even if we put them in a pen they would burrow their way out somehow. Amazing creatures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home