Monday, October 02, 2006

Waiting for my car

I've written this whilst waiting for some minor repair to be done on my car, I've been dreading coming down here ever since I booked it in, but the time seems to be passing quickly so far. If I'd been thinking straight when I made the appointment, I would have got a courtesy car, but then by the time I would have got home , it wouldn't be very long before I had to return here. What mundane thoughts, is this what I've been reduced to? Anyway, I wonder how long it will be, I'm not very impressed.
Not used to getting up so early either, it would be strange to work 9-5. It was a sunny, glorious morning and it was a bit like driving in the countryside, all green fields etc. October chill was stretching it's icy fingers into the air. This kind of weather reminds me of Zimbabwean winters,speaking of which, I must call my mum to find out all the latest goings on there. She must be wondering what on earth I am up to as well.
I would like to think that one day I will return to Africa, every now and then something will tug at my heart and remind me of where I come from. I can just imagine waking up in the African bush to the sound of all the creatures, as they go about their business before the heat of the day. You can almost taste the freshness of the earth and the air feels like a caress upon your skin. The whole world comes alive before your eyes. Nature is very complex, but at the same time it is so simple and that is the beauty of it. Even the tiniest creature is fascinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home