Monday, September 25, 2006

What a weekend, we didn't end up doing anything that we planned, in fact it was one of those days where I should have just stayed in bed. Fear is a weed that will choke you if you are not careful. It must be the most negative emotion. My reaction to fear is always anger and then I find myself getting locked into it, very difficult to break out of and very de-motivating. One of the perils of being human I suppose. You have to look after yourself mentally as well as physically.
Last week there was this program on the telly about this group of people trekking through the dense jungle in South America, I watched it because one of the participants was a girl I used to work with. Anyway, their whole journey was so treacherous and dangerous, they had to swim through rivers infested with snakes and piranhas, the jungle was full of tarantulas and other awful creatures and it just rained constantly. I just thought it would be amazing to do something like that , because it is the ultimate challenge, you have to face all your fears and conquer them otherwise you just don't survive. And you must feel so euphoric when you complete the journey, you must really grow as a person. So Amber, if you ever read this I take my hat off to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home