Friday, March 16, 2007

In Training

Hi everyone, what beautiful weather we are having here in London, the winter seems like a vague whisper now. I have started my regime for getting into shape for the festival, I have to go running and practice, practice, practice the songs. I must be fit because the adrenaline of performing takes up so much energy and there is nothing worse than listening to a singer gasping their way through a song. I would actually prefer to go swimming everyday, but I can't find a suitable pool yet, there must be one around somewhere!
I like running through the park, to look at all the beautiful trees and flowers sort of takes your mind off the physical exertion. I used to run everyday for a little while, but then I injured a muscle in my calf which put me out of action. Also the park got a bad reputation for becoming full of muggers, charming I know, it made us a tiny bit uncomfortable, so then Gerald used to come with me to the cricket field and I would run around that a few times!
The days are, getting longer, this morning at around 5am I was listening to the birds as they started to wake up and I found the closer that I listened, the more I could differentiate between their songs. It was like listening to an exquisitely melodious language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home